500 g chopped clams
250 g mussels, unshelled
1 bunch fennel
1-2 celery stalks
3-4 cloves garlic, medium
1 small red chili, deseeded
1 DL olive oil
2 can stewed tomatoes, roughly chopped
4-5 DL white wine (may be non-alcoholic)
1 L good fish or chicken stock (water and bouillon)
2-3 saffron sticks (optional)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
1 bunch parsley, chopped.
fresh dill to taste (to flavor at the end)
- Cut the veggies into bite-size pieces.
- Chop or press the garlic and chop the chili finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the veggies (careful not to burn).
- Add the white wine. Then add the stock and tomatoes as well as dry spices.
- Place the mussels in the soup for 2-3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Then add the chopped clams and remove from heat. Allow to stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and dill. Serve with fresh baked bread.